Saturday, June 4, 2011

Evernote

My new favourite app/browser add on/program is Evernote.

But before i tell you all about Evernote, let me tell you what lead me to finding Evernote.

It all started with this post from blogger {frolic} which then turned into this poster created by Chelsea Fuss of {frolic}Pia Jane Bijkerk, Yvette Van Boven and Erin Loechner.
Image by Pia Jane Bijkerk
This gorgeous poster easily shows you the responsibly that all bloggers have to credit where they get images from. I know that i am notoriously bad at this, which is why after following the arrows on the poster i was lead to the suggestion to use Evernote to track where i get images from.

I thought why not! Ill give it a try! I have always wanted to give credit to pictures that i post on my blog but have never thought of a good way to do this, especially seeing as 95% of the time i am saving pictures while i am on my iphone, so its not like i can go in and put the URL in the file name.

Image from here
If you've never heard of Evernote before, of you've heard of it but are not sure what the point of it is (like i did) let me fill you in.


Evernote is a program that lets you make 'notes' and in these notes you can put anything, pictures, URLs, websites, writing etc. It lets you 'Tag' each note with multiple subject, so you can sort your notes by subject (eg Pictures of the Exterior of Houses, Cute Homewares, Dogs etc).

One of the great things about Evernote is they have a program for nearly every device, and they sync together automatically.
So you can have an Evernote on your computer, your phone, and you can access it on anyones computer or phone who has the program.

You can also install an add on to your web browser so can save information straight off the web into a note without ever leaving the page.

In my particular instance this is very useful in that i can save an image onto my iPhone, then open Evernote, create a new 'Note" add my image from my iPhone gallery, tag it with as many "Tags" as i like (Eg: Painting, Blog, How To, Furniture etc) and plug in where i got it from, so the name/URL of the website or blog it came from.

Then when it comes time to blog the image i can easily find the note about it, and a copy of the image in my Evernote program on my computer. So i can easily credit where i got the image from and who owns the image.

In short, i am in love with this program! And i love that i can finally give the gorgeous images i find the credit they deserve.

P.S. This is not a sales pitch from Evernote, i just use it and love it and therefor wanted to share it.



No comments:

Post a Comment